From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Vasopressin, or pages that link to Vasopressin or to this page or whose text .
- Diabetes insipidus : Disease caused by a deficiency in the secretion of vasopressin, or by the failure of the kidney to respond to vasopressin.
- Oxytocin : A mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and which is also released into the brain where it has effects on social behaviors.
- Supraoptic nucleus : An aggregation in the hypothalamus of magnocellular neurosecretory neurones that project to the posterior pituitary gland, and which secrete the hormones oxytocin and vasopressin
- Posterior pituitary gland : Add brief definition or description
- Neuroendocrinology : The study of the interactions between the nervous system and the endocrine system.
- Hypothalamus : A part of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon.
- Vincent du Vigneaud : (1901 - 1978); awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1955 "for his work on biochemically important sulphur compounds, especially for the first synthesis of a polypeptide hormone".