Supraoptic nucleus/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Supraoptic nucleus, or pages that link to Supraoptic nucleus or to this page or whose text .
- Hypothalamus : A part of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon.
- Neuroendocrinology : The study of the interactions between the nervous system and the endocrine system.
- Oxytocin : A mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and which is also released into the brain where it has effects on social behaviors.
- Vasopressin : A hormone also called (arginine vasopressin, (AVP); formerly known as antidiuretic hormone, ADH), produced in the hypothalamus secreted from the posterior pituitary that causes kidneys to concentrate urine to conserve water, also causes vasoconstriction.
- Posterior pituitary gland : Add brief definition or description
- Magnocellular neurosecretory cell : Large neuroendocrine neuron in the supraoptic nucleus and paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus that projects to the posterior pituitary gland.