Magnocellular neurosecretory cell/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Magnocellular neurosecretory cell, or pages that link to Magnocellular neurosecretory cell or to this page or whose text .
- Neuroendocrinology : The study of the interactions between the nervous system and the endocrine system.
- Supraoptic nucleus : An aggregation in the hypothalamus of magnocellular neurosecretory neurones that project to the posterior pituitary gland, and which secrete the hormones oxytocin and vasopressin
- Paraventricular nucleus : Aggregation of neurons in the hypothalamus with important roles in neurendocrine regulation.
- Hypothalamus : A part of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon.
- Neuropeptide : Peptides released by neurons as intercellular messengers.
- Oxytocin : A mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and which is also released into the brain where it has effects on social behaviors.
- Vasopressin : A hormone also called (arginine vasopressin, (AVP); formerly known as antidiuretic hormone, ADH), produced in the hypothalamus secreted from the posterior pituitary that causes kidneys to concentrate urine to conserve water, also causes vasoconstriction.