From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dynorphin, or pages that link to Dynorphin or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Dynorphin. Needs checking by a human.
- Magnocellular neurosecretory cell : Large neuroendocrine neuron in the supraoptic nucleus and paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus that projects to the posterior pituitary gland.
- Neuropeptide : Peptides released by neurons as intercellular messengers.
- Oxytocin : A mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and which is also released into the brain where it has effects on social behaviors.
- Supraoptic nucleus : An aggregation in the hypothalamus of magnocellular neurosecretory neurones that project to the posterior pituitary gland, and which secrete the hormones oxytocin and vasopressin