From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- : The study of cyclic processes in biological systems.
- Rhythm (biology) : Add brief definition or description
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- REM sleep : Add brief definition or description
- Non-REM sleep : Add brief definition or description
- Unihemispheric sleep : Add brief definition or description
- Asperger syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Death : State of thermodynamic equilibrium achieved after the end of life.
- Health : The default state of an organism under optimal conditions, a state characterized by the absence of disease and by the slowest natural rate of senescing.
- Irritable bowel syndrome : A disorder with chronic or recurrent colonic symptoms without a clearcut etiology.
- Meditation : A variety of techniques that help isolate one's thinking from external stimuli, to induce a state of rest, or a state in which spiritual issues may be contemplated
- Nap : Add brief definition or description
- Natural stress relief meditation : Add brief definition or description