From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Animal loss : Add brief definition or description
- Autopsy : A postmortem examination of a body, often used to determine the cause of death.
- Brain death : In most developed countries, the final criterion of death
- Cryonics : The low-temperature preservation of corpses in the vague hope that resuscitation may eventually become possible in the future.
- Decomposition : Add brief definition or description
- Euthanasia : The act of assisting in the death of an animal or patient, often to end suffering for an incurable disease; a painless death; sometimes called a mercy killing which may or may not be legal.
- Grief : Add brief definition or description
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Morgue : Add brief definition or description