From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Exercise, or pages that link to Exercise or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Exercise. Needs checking by a human.
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Alzheimer's disease : A degenerative disease of the brain characterized by the insidious onset of dementia; manifests itself in impairment of memory, judgment, attention span, and problem solving skills, followed by severe apraxias and a global loss of cognitive abilities.
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Evolution of the human diet : Factors in the development of the human diet in history.
- Game : A structured or semi-structured contrived activity, primarily undertaken for enjoyment or, sometimes, practice.
- Geriatrics : "the branch of medicine concerned with the physiological and pathological aspects of the aged, including the clinical problems of senescence and senility."(National Library of Medicine)
- Harm reduction : Range of pragmatic and evidence-based public health policies designed to reduce the harmful consequences associated with drug use and other high risk activities.
- Health : The default state of an organism under optimal conditions, a state characterized by the absence of disease and by the slowest natural rate of senescing.
- Holistic living : The concept of simple and spiritual living with moderation in food intake, adequate exercise and positive thinking and attitude to life.
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Liver function test : Clinical biochemistry laboratory blood assays designed to assess liver function and diagnose diseases of the liver and bile system.
- Natural stress relief meditation : Add brief definition or description
- Obesity : Excessive stores of body fat.
- Oxidative stress : An imbalance between the production of reactive oxygen and a biological system's ability to readily detoxify the reactive intermediates or easily repair the resulting damage.
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Rejuvenation (aging) : Hypothetical reversal of the aging process, aiming to repair the damage that is associated with aging or replacement of damaged tissue with new tissue.
- Socks (clothing) : Knitted or woven type of hosiery for enclosing the human feet.
- Sports : An activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Stress (physiology) : Pathological process resulting from the reaction of the body to external forces and conditions that tend to disturb the organism's homeostasis.
- Vitamin C : Required by a few mammalian species, including humans and higher primates. It is water-soluble and is usually obtained by eating fruits and vegetables; associated with scurvy (hence its chemical name, ascorbic acid).