Oxidative stress/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Oxidative stress, or pages that link to Oxidative stress or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Oxidative stress. Needs checking by a human.
- Aerobic organism : An organism that has an oxygen-based metabolism.
- Atomic electron configuration : A specification of the occupation of an atom's electron orbitals by electrons.
- Atomic orbital : Function in quantum mechanics describing the motion of an electron around the nucleus of an atom.
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Holistic living : The concept of simple and spiritual living with moderation in food intake, adequate exercise and positive thinking and attitude to life.
- Isotope : An atom of a chemical element with a specific number of neutrons and hence a specific nuclear mass, such as carbon-14 (14C).
- Maximum life span : Measure of the maximum amount of time one or more members of a group has been observed to survive between birth and death.
- Na,K-ATPase : Enzyme (EC 126.96.36.199) located in the plasma membrane (specifically an electrogenic transmembrane ATPase) in all animals.
- Oxygen : A chemical element with the symbol O and atomic number 8.
- Radiation chemistry : A subdivision of nuclear chemistry, which is the study of the chemical effects of radiation on matter.
- Vitamin C : Required by a few mammalian species, including humans and higher primates. It is water-soluble and is usually obtained by eating fruits and vegetables; associated with scurvy (hence its chemical name, ascorbic acid).