Boiling point/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Boiling point, or pages that link to Boiling point or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Antoine equation : A mathematical expression (derived from the Clausius-Clapeyron equation) of the relation between the vapor pressure and the temperature of pure substances.
- Clausius-Clapeyron relation : An equation that characterizes the phase transition between two phases of a single compound; the slope of the coexistence curve in the P-T diagram.
- Colligative properties : Properties of solutions that depend on the number of molecules in a given volume of solvent and not on the properties (e.g. size or mass) of the molecules.
- Heat of vaporization : The amount of thermal energy required to convert a quantity of liquid into a vapor.
- Latent heat of vaporization (a redirect)
- Henry's law : The relationship between the amount of gas dissolved in a liquid and the partial pressure of that gas above the liquid.
- Intermolecular forces : Non-covalent forces between atoms and molecules; often synonymous with Van der Waals forces.
- Reboiler : Typically a heat exchanger or a fired heater used to provide heat to the bottom of an industrial distillation column (also referred to as a distillation tower).
- Reid vapor pressure : A measure of the volatility of petroleum crude oil, gasoline and other volatile petroleum products that is widely used in the petroleum industry.
- Relative volatility : A measure that compares the vapor pressures of components in a liquid mixture that is widely used in designing distillation and similar separation processes.
- Vapor pressure : The pressure of a vapor in equilibrium with its liquid or solid phase.
- Volatility (chemistry) : A term used to characterize the tendency of a substance to vaporize.