Heat of vaporization/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Heat of vaporization, or pages that link to Heat of vaporization or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Accidental release source terms : The mathematical equations that estimate the rate at which accidental releases of air pollutants into the atmosphere may occur at industrial facilities.
- Atmospheric lapse rate : Refers to the change of an atmospheric variable with a change of altitude, the variable being temperature unless specified otherwise (such as pressure, density or humidity).
- Clausius-Clapyron equation : An equation that characterizes the phase transition between two phases of a single compound; the slope of the coexistence curve in the P-T diagram.
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- Flash evaporation : The partial vaporization that occurs when a saturated liquid stream undergoes a reduction in pressure by passing through a throttling valve or other throttling device.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Vapor pressure : The pressure of a vapor in equilibrium with its liquid or solid phase.