Clausius-Clapeyron relation/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Clausius-Clapeyron relation, or pages that link to Clausius-Clapeyron relation or to this page or whose text .
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Antoine equation : A mathematical expression (derived from the Clausius-Clapeyron equation) of the relation between the vapor pressure and the temperature of pure substances.
- Benoît Paul Émile Clapeyron : Add brief definition or description
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- Rudolph Clausius : Add brief definition or description
- Energy (science) : A measurable physical quantity of a system which can be expressed in joules (the metric unit for a quantity of energy) or other measurement units such as ergs, calories, watt-hours or Btu.
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- Heat of vaporization : The amount of thermal energy required to convert a quantity of liquid into a vapor.
- Vapor pressure : The pressure of a vapor in equilibrium with its liquid or solid phase.