Relative volatility/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Relative volatility, or pages that link to Relative volatility or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Antoine equation : A mathematical expression (derived from the Clausius-Clapeyron equation) of the relation between the vapor pressure and the temperature of pure substances.
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- Continuous distillation : An ongoing separation process in which a liquid mixture of two or more miscible components is continuously fed into the process and physically separated into two or more products by preferentially boiling the more volatile (i.e., lower boiling point) components out of the mixture.
- Distillation Design : A chemical engineering book that completely covers the design of industrial distillation columns.
- Fenske equation : An equation for calculating the minimum number of theoretical plates needed to separate a binary feed stream by a fractionation column operated at total reflux (i.e., meaning that no overhead product is being withdrawn from the column).
- Fractionation Research Inc. : A non-profit industrial research consortium that investigates the performance of the mass transfer devices, such as trays and packings, used in industrial-scale distillation columns.
- McCabe-Thiele method : A graphical method considered to be the simplest, most instructive method for the analysis of binary distillation.
- Vapor pressure : The pressure of a vapor in equilibrium with its liquid or solid phase.
- Volatility (chemistry) : A term used to characterize the tendency of a substance to vaporize.