Volatility (chemistry)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Volatility (chemistry), or pages that link to Volatility (chemistry) or to this page or whose text .
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- State of matter : Add brief definition or description
- Vapor pressure : The pressure of a vapor in equilibrium with its liquid or solid phase.
- Antoine equation : A mathematical expression (derived from the Clausius-Clapeyron equation) of the relation between the vapor pressure and the temperature of pure substances.
- Distillation : Add brief definition or description
- Ionic liquid : Salts that form stable liquids, and possess low-saturated vapor pressures.
- Relative volatility : A measure that compares the vapor pressures of components in a liquid mixture that is widely used in designing distillation and similar separation processes.
- Volatile organic compound : Add brief definition or description