Antiviral agent/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Antiviral agent, or pages that link to Antiviral agent or to this page or whose text .
- Acyclovir : An antiviral, anti-metabolite drug, similar to guanine, that acts as a viral DNA chain terminator.
- Amantadine : Add brief definition or description
- Cidofovir : A cytosine-based antiviral drug for treating herpes cytomegalovirus retinitis associated with HIV/AIDS.
- Foscarnet : Antiviral for treating infections in patients with compromised immune systems, often associated with AIDS.
- Ganciclovir : Antiviral drug used to treat herpesviruses, particularly cytomegalovirus associated with HIV/AIDS.
- Oseltamivir : An antiviral drug that is used in the treatment and prophylaxis of both Influenzavirus A and Influenzavirus B infection.
- Ribavirin : A nucleoside antimetabolite antiviral drug that blocks nucleic acid synthesis.
- Zanamivir : A guanido-neuraminic acid that is a neuraminidase inhibitor used as an antiviral drug to treat influenza A and B.
- Zidovudine : A reverse transcriptase inhibitor, antiviral drug used to treat viruses including HIV/AIDSs.