From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Ganciclovir, or pages that link to Ganciclovir or to this page or whose text .
- Antiviral drug : A chemical that interfers with the replication cycle of viruses.
- Herpesvirus : Add brief definition or description
- Cytomegalovirus : Member of the herpesvirus family that can cause serious complications in persons with weakened immune systems, and also cause a disease of infants characterized by circulatory dysfunction and microcephaly.
- HIV : An infectious human retrovirus, transmitted by bodily fluids, that causes AIDS.
- AIDS : A collection of symptoms and signs caused when an infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) changes from simple presence to active disease.
- Epstein-Barr virus : Add brief definition or description
- Varicella zoster virus : The virus that causes ckickenpox and shingles.
- Acyclovir : An antiviral, anti-metabolite drug, similar to guanine, that acts as a viral DNA chain terminator.
- Guanosine : A nucleoside comprising guanine attached to a ribose (ribofuranose) ring via a β-N9-glycosidic bond.