- See also changes related to Vitalism, or pages that link to Vitalism or to this page or whose text .
- Qi : In traditional Chinese culture, a dynamic and transformative principle that operates inside all living beings as well as in the universe at large
- Transpersonal psychology : A "fourth force" in psychology, adding spiritual and ethnocentric aspects to humanistic psychology; addresses out-of-body experiences, nonordinary reality, apparitions, shamanism, etc.
Complementary and alternative medicine
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Alternative medicine (theories) : Overview of social, cultural and philosophical perspectives of concepts relating to human health and healing offering links to more detailed discussions
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Biofield therapy : Add brief definition or description
- Critical views of chiropractic : An indepth discussion of the aspects of chiropractic that define its position in the modern healthcare arena with special emphasis on those related to its role in alternative medicine.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Naturopathy : A healing art that does not use drugs, surgery, or other interventional technique, but concentrates on the physical environment, diet, massage, and other means considered part of nature
- Orgone therapy : Biofield therapy defined by psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich
- Qigong : The art of realizing, cultivating, circulating, balancing and enhancing one's internal energy and life force according to traditional Chinese medical theories.
- Reiki : Japanese spiritual healing process and philosophical system that claims to be able to manipulate energy fields.
- Spiritual therapies : Mystical, religious or spiritual practices performed for health benefit.