Strait of Malacca/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Strait of Malacca, or pages that link to Strait of Malacca or to this page or whose text .
- Ocean chokepoints : Add brief definition or description
- Piracy : Violence against, or detention of, by private individuals, against aircraft or ships under national registry
- Singapore : Even though of tiny size, one of the world's most prosperous countries, a trading and transportation center of Southeast Asia, made up of islands between Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Philippines : A large, democratic nation of Southeast Asia, consisting of an archipelago of over 7,000 islands, with many cultures, religions and languages.
- Malaysia : Country in Southeast Asia; a peninsula bordering Thailand and the northern one-third of the island of Borneo, Indonesia, Brunei, and the South China Sea; south of Vietnam
- Thailand : Southeast Asian country (capital Bangkok), with a constitutional monarchy, often democratic government, and a relatively strong economy; population about 67 million.
- MALSINDO : A trilateral antipiracy patrol force, started in 2004 and operated in territorial waters, by the navies of Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore
- Regional Cooperation Agreement on Anti-Piracy : Starting operations in 2006, a regional anti-piracy agreement for the Strait of Malacca, involving all the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, as well as Bangladesh, China, Japan, South Korea, India and Sri Lanka
- South China Sea : A part of the Pacific Ocean surrounded by nations of Southeast Asia and East Asia, important for navigation but also for small islands over which resource and sovereignty disputes exist
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations : Association of South-East Asian Nations; treaty group formed in 1967, originally comprising Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand; Brunei was admitted as a member in 1984, Vietnam in 1995, Burma and Laos in 1997, Cambodia in 1999; Australia is a "dialogue partner".
- International Maritime Organization : The United Nations agency responsible for avoiding pollution from ships, and implementing the Safety of Life at Sea convention
- Sunda Strait : Add brief definition or description
- Lombok Strait : Add brief definition or description