Staphylococcus aureus/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Staphylococcus aureus, or pages that link to Staphylococcus aureus or to this page or whose text .
- Methicillin : Add brief definition or description
- Penicillin : A class of antibiotic drugs that have a common β-lactam core structure.
- Ciprofloxacin : Broad-spectrum antimicrobial carboxyfluoroquinoline that can be used to treat some drug-resistant pathogens.
- Antibiotic resistance : The development of resistance to an antibiotic in an organism originally susceptible to it
- Clindamycin : An antibiotic drug, in the lincomycin class, used to treat infections including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; use is associated with an increased incidence of Clostridium difficile enteritis
- Daptomycin : First member of a new class of antibiotics, the lipopeptides, which are active against exclusively Gram-positive organisms that often are multidrug resistant
- Linezolid : The first commerically available synthetic antimicrobial agent of the oxazolidinone class, principally for beta-lactam-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococci, and Enterococci
- Quinupristin-dalfopristin : Add brief definition or description
- Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole combination : A widely used synergistic combination of two antibiotics, with broad-spectrum antibacterial activity against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms, including Pneumocystis jiroveci (formerly Pneumocystis carini) pneumonia in AIDS and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Vancomycin : A glycopeptide antibiotic used in the prophylaxis and treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria, especially methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Staphylococcus aureus. Needs checking by a human.
- Abscess : Accumulation of purulent material in tissues, organs, or circumscribed spaces, usually associated with signs of infection.
- Acute kidney injury : Formerly termed acute renal failure (ARF), an abrupt (within 48 hours) reduction in kidney function currently defined as an absolute increase in serum creatinine, a percentage increase in serum creatinine , or a reduction in urine output beyond quantitatively defined levels
- Bacterial endocarditis : Inflammation of the heart caused by the direct invasion of bacteria and leading to deformity and destruction of the valve leaflets.
- Bacteria : A major group of single-celled microorganisms.
- Cellulitis : Acute, diffuse, inflammation of loose connective tissue, particularly the deep subcutaneous tissues, and sometimes muscle, usually due to infection and associated with redness, pain, swelling and warmth to the touch
- Central venous catheterization : Surgical procedure used for inserting a medical tube into one of the large veins of the body.
- Cross infection : Any infection which a patient contracts in a health-care institution.
- Cystitis : Inflammation of the urinary bladder, often resulting from a bacterial infection.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Food and Drug Administration : The agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for regulating food, dietary supplements, drugs, biological medical products, blood products, medical devices, radiation-emitting devices, veterinary products, and cosmetics.
- Gangrene : Destruction of biological tissue, primarily from a compromised blood supply, but also from destructive microorganisms or their exotoxins
- Health care quality assurance : Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program.
- Medical error : Mistakes made in a medical setting with respect to patient care, sanitation or medical administration. A mistake is less than optimal action, thus failure to set up efficient procedures and routines which minimize mistakes is medical error.
- Peritonitis : Add brief definition or description
- Phagocytosis : Add brief definition or description
- Platelet : Add brief definition or description
- Pseudomembranous enterocolitis : Add brief definition or description
- Quorum sensing : Add brief definition or description
- Staphylococcus epidermidis : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence analysis of patterns of infectious diseases and impacts : Add brief definition or description