Acute kidney injury/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Acute kidney injury, or pages that link to Acute kidney injury or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Acute kidney injury. Needs checking by a human.
- ARF (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Chronic kidney disease : Kidney damage or glomerular filtration rate (GFR) <60 mL/min/1.73 m(2) for 3 months or more, irrespective of cause.
- Contrast-induced nephropathy : Acute kidney injury from radiocontrast.
- Dialysis : A process of selective diffusion through a membrane. It is usually used to separate low-molecular-weight solutes which diffuse through the membrane from the colloidal and high-molecular-weight solutes which do not.
- Edema : Abnormal fluid accumulation in tissues or body cavities.
- Fractional excretion of sodium : Test which measures the percentage of sodium excreted in the urine versus the sodium reabsorbed by the kidney.
- Glomerular filtration rate : Volume of water filtered out of the plasma through glomerular capillary walls into Bowman's capsules per unit of time.
- Hemodiafiltration : The combination of hemodialysis and hemofiltration either simultaneously or sequentially.
- Hemofiltration : An extracorporeal ultrafiltration technique without hemodialysis for treatment of fluid overload and electrolyte disturbances affecting renal, cardiac, or pulmonary function.
- Kidney : Organs in the dorsal region of the vertebrate abdominal cavity, functioning to maintain proper water and electrolyte balance, regulate acid-base concentration, and filter the blood of metabolic wastes, which are then excreted as urine.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent : Medication other than corticosteroids having analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory activity due to their ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins.
- Radiocontrast : Compounds used to improve the visibility of internal bodily structures in an X-ray image.
- Renal dialysis : Therapy for the insufficient cleansing of the blood by the kidneys based on dialysis.
- Renal replacement therapy : Procedures which temporarily or permanently remedy insufficient cleansing of body fluids by the kidneys.
- Vancomycin : A glycopeptide antibiotic used in the prophylaxis and treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria, especially methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)