Angiotensin II receptor antagonist/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Angiotensin II receptor antagonist, or pages that link to Angiotensin II receptor antagonist or to this page or whose text .
- Renin-angiotensin system : A blood pressure regulating system of interacting components that include renin; angiotensinogen; angiotensin converting enzyme; angiotensin I; angiotensin II; and angiotensinase.
- Renin : A highly specific (Leu-Leu) endopeptidase that generates angiotensin I from its precursor angiotensinogen, leading to a cascade of reactions which elevate blood pressure and increase sodium retention by the kidney in the renin-angiotensin system.
- Angiotensin : Oligopeptides which are important in the regulation of blood pressure (vasoconstriction) and fluid homeostasis via the renin-angiotensin system. These include angiotensins derived naturally from precursor angiotensinogen, and those synthesized.
- Angiotensin receptor : Cell surface proteins that bind angiotensins and trigger intracellular changes influencing the behavior of cells.
- Angiotensin II receptor antagonist
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor : Drugs mainly used to treat hypertension and heart failure, by hemodynamic effect inhibiting the renin-angiotensin system.