Preoperative care/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Preoperative care, or pages that link to Preoperative care or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Preoperative care. Needs checking by a human.
- Allele : A specific sequence of a gene, and one of a pair in a diploid cell (one per chromosome).
- American College of Physicians : American organization of doctors of internal medicine (internists), and physicians.
- Antidepressant : Mood-stimulating drugs used primarily in the treatment of affective disorders and related conditions.
- Asthma : Disease process that is characterised by paradoxical narrowing of the bronchi, making breathing difficult.
- Carotid endarterectomy : Excision of the thickened, atheromatous tunica intima of a carotid artery.
- Diabetes mellitus : Relative or absolute lack of insulin leading to uncontrolled carbohydrate metabolism.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Genetic polymorphism : Occurrence of different forms, stages, or types in individual organisms or in organisms of the same species, independent of sexual variations.
- Geriatrics : "the branch of medicine concerned with the physiological and pathological aspects of the aged, including the clinical problems of senescence and senility."(National Library of Medicine)
- Incentive spirometry : Therapeutic use of gases or of aerosols by inhalation, designed to help restore or improve respiratory function in patients.
- MELD Score : Numerical scale used to prioritize liver transplant candidates, and predict hepatic mortality.
- Peak expiratory flow rate : Measurement of the maximum amount of expelled air that leaves the lungs on forced exhalation.
- Perioperative care : Interventions to provide care prior to, during, and immediately after surgery.
- Revised Cardiac Risk Index : Clinical prediction rule for use during preoperative care, for prediction major cardiac complications of noncardiac surgery.
- Stent : Slender thread, rod, or catheter inserted into a tubular structure, such as a blood vessel, to provide support during or after anastomosis.