Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Singer-songwriter, or pages that link to Singer-songwriter or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Popular music : Music that is accessible to the general public and disseminated by one or more of the mass media.
- Rock music : A form of popular music with a prominent vocal melody, accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass, usually with a strong back beat, which evolved from earlier rock and roll and rockabilly music styles.
- Band (musical ensemble) : A group of two or more musicians who perform instrumental or vocal music.
- Beck : An American singer-songwriter.
- Rex Bell : Texas singer-songwriter, bass player for Townes Van Zandt, Lightnin' Hopkins and Lucinda Williams
- Deborah Bonham : (b. 7 February 1962) English blues and rock singer-songwriter, and younger sister of John Bonham.
- Bob Dylan : American singer-songwriter beginning in the 1960's and later a member of the Travelling Wilburys.
- Eliza Gilkyson : A singer-songwriter and daughter of songwriter Terry Gilkyson.
- Lightnin' Hopkins : was a Texas country blues guitar player
- Sarah McLachlan : A Grammy Award winning Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Nico : (16 October 1938 – 18 July 1988) German singer-songwriter, fashion model, actress, born Christa Päffgen.
- Scott Nolan : A singer-songwriter based out of Winnepeg, Canada.
- Robert Plant : (b. 20 August 1948), English rock singer and songwriter, famous for his membership in the rock band Led Zeppelin as the lead vocalist, as well as for his successful solo career.
- P. J. Proby : (b. James Marcus Smith, 6 November 1938), American singer, composer, and actor, best known for his string of Top 10 hits in the 1960s and musical theatre productions.
- Screaming Lord Sutch : (10 November 1940 - 16 June 1999), English singer and politician, leader of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party.
- Townes Van Zandt : Country folk singer-songwriter best known for his songwriting prowess
- Lucinda Williams : A three-time Grammy Award-winning Texas folk singer-songwriter.
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- Classic rock : A radio format usually encompassing the mid-1960s to early 1980s years with an emphasis on guitar based bands such as Led Zeppelin or Bad Company. Since the 1980s, classic rock has also been used to loosely describe a genre of music redolent of the radio format.
- Classic Rock (magazine) : A magazine dedicated to the radio format and genre of classic rock, first published by Future Publishing in 1998. It is one of the highest circulating music publications in the world.
- Cover band : A band that only plays (or "covers") the songs of other artists, rather than playing original material.
- Bass guitar : Musical instrument used to fill in the bottom end of music in many bands.
- Film : A visual medium involving the recording and display of images in motion over time, generally by photographic means.
- Guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Heavy metal (music) : Add brief definition or description
- Musical instrument : Add brief definition or description
- Popular culture : Add brief definition or description
- Rock band : Add brief definition or description
- Rock 'n' roll : Add brief definition or description
- VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs : Add brief definition or description
- Waltz : Add brief definition or description