Rock music/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Rock music, or pages that link to Rock music or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Popular culture : Commercialised folk culture that exists for the masses; opposite of high culture.
- Alternative rock : Add brief definition or description
- Christian rock : Add brief definition or description
- Classic rock : A radio format usually encompassing the mid-1960s to early 1980s years with an emphasis on guitar based bands such as Led Zeppelin or Bad Company. Since the 1980s, classic rock has also been used to loosely describe a genre of music redolent of the radio format.
- Gothic music : A genre of rock music (new wave), often with an esthetic, gloomy atmosphere and followed by a peculiar subculture.
- Heavy metal (music) : Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a popular genre of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s, from heavy blues and psychedelic rock.
- Indie rock : Add brief definition or description
- Progressive rock : Add brief definition or description
- Psychadelic rock : Add brief definition or description
- Punk rock : Add brief definition or description
- Rap-rock : Add brief definition or description
- Rock and roll : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Rock and roll (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Band (musical ensemble) : A group of two or more musicians who perform instrumental or vocal music.
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- Classic Rock (magazine) : A magazine dedicated to the radio format and genre of classic rock, first published by Future Publishing in 1998. It is one of the highest circulating music publications in the world.
- Bass guitar : Musical instrument used to fill in the bottom end of music in many bands.
- Film : A visual medium involving the recording and display of images in motion over time, generally by photographic means.
- Guitar : A stringed musical instrument consisting of three main types; the electric guitar, the classical guitar, and the acoustic guitar.
- Musical instrument : An object constructed or used for the purpose of making music.
- Popular music : Music that is accessible to the general public and disseminated by one or more of the mass media.
- VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs : A 2008 program on VH1 Classic, which counted down the top 100 greatest hard rock songs of all time.