Martha Young-Scholten/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Martha Young-Scholten, or pages that link to Martha Young-Scholten or to this page or whose text .
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Language acquisition : The study of how language comes to users of first and second languages.
- Second language acquisition : Process by which people learn a second language in addition to their native language(s), where the language to be learned is often referred to as the 'target language'.
- Applied linguistics : The application of linguistic theories to practical issues and problems, such as language learning.
- Phonology : In linguistics, the study of the system used to represent language, including sounds in spoken language and hand movements in sign language.
- Syntax (linguistics) : The study of the rules, or 'patterned relations', that govern the way words combine to form phrases and phrases to form sentences.
- Exceptional language acquisition : Add brief definition or description
- Dyslexia : Add brief definition or description
- Orthography : Art or study of correct spelling and grammar according to established usage.
- Low Educated Second Language and Literacy Acquisition : (LESLLA) forum for research into the development of second language acquisition skills by adult immigrants with little or no formal education.
- Monitor theory : Hypotheses developed by the linguist Stephen Krashen to explain and predict the process of second language acquisition.
- Comprehension approach : several methodologies of language learning that emphasise understanding of language rather than speaking.
- Communicative language teaching : Add brief definition or description
- Critical period hypothesis : Hypothesis which claims that there is an ideal 'window' of time to acquire language in a linguistically rich environment, after which this is no longer possible.
- First language acquisition : Study of the processes through which humans acquire language, specifically first languages, which studies infants' acquisition of their native language.
- Writing system : A set of signs used to represent a language, such as an alphabet, or a set of rules used to write a language, such as conventions of spelling and punctuation.
- Stephen Krashen : emeritus professor of education at the University of Southern California; his research concerns second language acquisition (SLA), bilingual education, literacy and neurolinguistics.
- Anne Vainikka : Add brief definition or description
- The Terminal : Add brief definition or description