Marine Air-Ground Task Force/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Marine Air-Ground Task Force, or pages that link to Marine Air-Ground Task Force or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Marine Air-Ground Task Force. Needs checking by a human.
- 155mm howitzer : Implemented in self-propelled or lightweight towed versions, this howitzer size, with slight variations in caliber, is the world's most common medium artillery type
- Air force : The part of a nation's military that is responsible, at the least, for long range air warfare.
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Alfred M. Gray, Jr. : 29th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps and a strong backer of the doctrinal changes of "maneuver warfare", as well as warrior ethos and shared values
- Amphibious Ready Group : A group of amphibious warfare ships that can carry a U.S. Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) or U.K. Royal Marine Commando
- Amphibious ready group : The group of amphibious warfare ships, not including escorts, that can land and support a United States Marine Corps Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), a reinforced naval infantry battalion and an air component; also used for the equivalent Royal Marine Commando
- Amphibious warfare : The set of techniques, equipment, specialized units, and methods of training needed to move troops across water, and deliver them to land, ready for immediate combat.
- Anthony Zinni : A retired U.S. Marine Corps four-star general, whose assignments included heading United States Central Command and serving as a special envoy for the Israel-Palestinian process. He is strongly critical of the George W. Bush Administration and resigned, in protest, from his diplomatic role.
- Armed helicopter : A helicopter that can be configured to carry troops or cargo only, light weapons and troops, or possibly a heavier ammunition load with still-removable weapons.
- Attack helicopter : A helicopter equipped with built-in heavy weapons, which has no standard cargo capacity and is used as a "flying tank" in close air support or battlefield air interdiction.
- Battalion : Military formation of defined size, equipment, and organization, traditionally specialized for one function, such as infantry, artillery, transportation or intelligence; usually commanded by a lieutenant colonel; combat arms battalions may have 500-1000 soldiers; they are more mixed in function under the Restructuring of the United States Army
- Brigadier general : A title with variants, or not used at all, by various countries; its authority falls between colonel and a country-specific general grade, most commonly major general
- Combat loading : A method of loading cargo into ships that will carry it to amphibious landing sites, such that can be unloaded in a manner optimized to meet the operational needs of combat rather than maximizing the utilization of the ship's cargo space
- Combined arms : Military actions that involve the coordinated effort of different types of ground troops (e.g., infantry, artillery, engineers) or different military services (e.g., Army and Air Force)
- Da Nang : A coastal city approximately in the middle of Vietnam, which is an transportation hub for central Vietnam and was a major military base during the Vietnam War
- Greg Newbold : A retired lieutenant general of the United States Marine Corps, who retired from his final assignment, as director of operations for the Joint Staff, partially in protest of the plans for the upcoming Iraq War
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- III Marine Expeditionary Force : U.S. Marine Expeditionary Force, currently assigned to United States Pacific Command and based on Okinawa; core units are a Marine Division, Marine Expeditionary Brigade, and Marine Air Wing; can function as a corps headquarters
- Indochinese revolution : The period, within the Wars of Vietnam, 1858-1987, between which France reasserted its colonial authority over Indochina in 1945, created a proto-state of Vietnam under a provisional government during which there was increasing insurgency, fought conventionally combat with the Viet Minh starting in 1950, and ended in 1954. The end, militarily, involved the defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu and. politically, with the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam by the Geneva accords
- Iraq War, major combat phase : That part of the Iraq War involving the initial invasion by large-scale ground forces
- Iraq War, theater operational planning : Detailed invasion planning for the Iraq War by United States Central Command, once the policy decision had been made to prepare for war
- James Conway : 34th U.S. Commandant of the Marine Corps, who took office in 2006, having commanded I Marine Expeditionary Force in the Gulf War
- James Jones : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See James Jones (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : Add brief definition or description
- Marine Special Operations Command : Add brief definition or description
- Military formation (ground) : Add brief definition or description
- Naval infantry : Add brief definition or description
- Operation DESERT SABRE : Add brief definition or description
- Operation DESERT SHIELD : Add brief definition or description
- Operation EAGLE PULL : Add brief definition or description
- Operational art : Add brief definition or description
- Pacification in South Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Prepositioning ship : Add brief definition or description
- Regiment : Add brief definition or description
- Task Force 151 : Add brief definition or description
- Theater Battle Management Core System : Add brief definition or description
- ULQ-30 : Add brief definition or description
- USS Boxer (LHD-4) : Add brief definition or description
- United States Marine Aviation : Add brief definition or description
- United States Marine Corps : Add brief definition or description
- United States Seventh Fleet : Add brief definition or description
- United States Sixth Fleet : Add brief definition or description
- United States Special Operations Command : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnam War military technology : Add brief definition or description
- Wasp-class : Add brief definition or description