Malaysia Airlines Flight 370/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, or pages that link to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 or to this page or whose text .
- Aircraft : A vehicle capable of sustained flight within the Earth's atmosphere.
- Boeing 777 : Add brief definition or description
- Malaysia Airlines : Add brief definition or description
- Commercial aviation : Provision of aviation services, most often with transport aircraft, in the civilian sector
- Airline : Add brief definition or description
- Accident : Add brief definition or description
- Malaysia : Country in Southeast Asia; a peninsula bordering Thailand and the northern one-third of the island of Borneo, Indonesia, Brunei, and the South China Sea; south of Vietnam
- Kuala Lumpur : Add brief definition or description
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- Beijing : Capital city of China (pop. 13,831,900).
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- South China Sea : A part of the Pacific Ocean surrounded by nations of Southeast Asia and East Asia, important for navigation but also for small islands over which resource and sovereignty disputes exist
- Indian Ocean : Body of water bordered on the west by Africa; on the north by Asia; on the east by Indochina, some islands of Indonesia, and Australia; and on the south by the Antarctic Ocean.
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Boeing : US-based company making aircraft and spacecraft.
- Transponder : A device, used in navigation, air traffic control, Safety of Life at Sea, and military operations (e.g., Identification-friend-or-foe which, when interrogated by an appropriate radio or radar signal, replies with its identification and other relevant navigation data
- Avionics : Electronic components and subsystems integrated into the core functions of an aircraft.
- Navigation : Techniques for determining one's own position, a feasible course to be taken to a desired new position, and journeying on that course
- Gulf of Thailand : Add brief definition or description
- Strait of Malacca : One of the world's busiest waterways, passing Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand, where piracy has been a major problem