- See also changes related to Transponder, or pages that link to Transponder or to this page or whose text .
- Air traffic control : Add brief definition or description
- Aviation safety : Add brief definition or description
- Identification-friend-or-foe : Add brief definition or description
- Safety of Life at Sea : International convention defining safety requirements for ships
- Navigation : Techniques for determining one's own position, a feasible course to be taken to a desired new position, and journeying on that course
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Automatic identification system : A system, aboard ships and boats, that combines marine radio transmitters and receivers, Global Navigation Satellite System receivers, and computer control into a self-organizing, mobile network in which vessels are inform nearby traffic, potential collision hazards, and navigational information