Ellesmere Chaucer manuscript/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Ellesmere Chaucer manuscript, or pages that link to Ellesmere Chaucer manuscript or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- English literature : Literature of the British isles written in English.
- Middle English : English language as it was from about the middle of the eleventh century until the end of the fifteenth century.
- Geoffrey Chaucer : (1345-1400) English poet, author of The Canterbury Tales.
- The Canterbury Tales : Collection of stories in verse and prose by Geoffrey Chaucer.
- Hengwrt Chaucer manuscript : An early 15th century manuscript of the Canterbury Tales, originally held in Hengwrt Mansion, currently held in the National Library of Wales.
- Dante Alighieri : (1265-1321) Italian poet who wrote the monumental epic the Divine Comedy.
- Divine Comedy : An Italian epic poem, composed by Dante Alighieri, chronicling a man's journey through hell, purgatory, and paradise,
- Boccaccio : Add brief definition or description