Commonwealth of Independent States/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Commonwealth of Independent States, or pages that link to Commonwealth of Independent States or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Commonwealth of Independent States. Needs checking by a human.
- Azerbaijan : A country variously considered part of Central Asia or Southwestern Asia, with a shore on the Caspian Sea, major borders with Iran and Russia, a tense border with Armenia and a small European portion north of the Caucasus Mountains
- Belarus : A landlocked country in Eastern Europe.
- Confederation : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Confederation (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Estonia : Baltic republic (population c. 1.3 million; capital Tallinn) bordered by Latvia to the south and the Russian Federation to the east; it includes more than 1500 islands, and its people are more closely related to the Finns than those of the other Baltic states, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Kyrgyzstan : A landlocked central Asian nation, formerly part of the Soviet Union; after a coup, it successfully held democratic elections
- Latvia : Small republic (population c. 2.3 million; capital Riga) on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea; lies between Estonia and Lithuania, with Russian Federation and Belorussia to the east.
- Lithuania : Former Soviet republic (population c. 3.6 million; capital Vilnius) bordered by Latvia, Belorussia, Poland and the Russian Federation, and with a short coastline on the Baltic Sea.
- Mikhail Gorbachev : (1931—) Last leader of the Soviet Union, appointed in 1985.
- Minsk : The capital of Belarus.
- Moldova : Landlocked country in Eastern Europe, located between Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east and south.