Welsh language/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Welsh language, or pages that link to Welsh language or to this page or whose text .
- Celtic languages : Branch of the Indo-European languages, sometimes believed to have once been spoken throughout Europe, now confined to the British Isles and Brittany.
- Wales : A country of the United Kingdom that historically was considered a principality; population about 3,000,000.
- Welsh English : Add brief definition or description
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Brythonic Celtic languages
Closest relatives of Welsh
Goidelic Celtic languages
- Phonology : In linguistics, the study of the system used to represent language, including sounds in spoken language and hand movements in sign language.
- Syntax : The study of the rules, or 'patterned relations', that govern the way words combine to form phrases and phrases to form sentences.
- Orthography : Art or study of correct spelling and grammar according to established usage.