Irish language/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Irish language, or pages that link to Irish language or to this page or whose text .
- Celtic languages : Branch of the Indo-European languages, sometimes believed to have once been spoken throughout Europe, now confined to the British Isles and Brittany.
Goidelic Celtic languages
Closest relatives of Irish
Brythonic Celtic languages
- Ireland (state) : Republic (population c. 4.2 million; capital Dublin) comprising about 85% of the Atlantic island of Ireland, west of Great Britain.
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Irish English : Add brief definition or description
- Phonology : In linguistics, the study of the system used to represent language, including sounds in spoken language and hand movements in sign language.
- Syntax : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Syntax (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Orthography : Art or study of correct spelling and grammar according to established usage.