From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Proto-Indo-Europeans, or pages that link to Proto-Indo-Europeans or to this page or whose text .
- Language (general) : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Historical linguistics : The study of how languages change over time, and linguistic patterns within that change.
- Comparative linguistics : (also known as comparative philology) A branch of historical linguistics that uses a number of methods of comparing languages to establish their historical relatedness.
- Language families : Add brief definition or description
- Proto-Indo-European language : Unattested, reconstructed common ancestor of the Indo-European languages, spoken by the Proto-Indo-Europeans.