Historical linguistics/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Historical linguistics, or pages that link to Historical linguistics or to this page or whose text .
- Comparative linguistics : (also known as comparative philology) A branch of historical linguistics that uses a number of methods of comparing languages to establish their historical relatedness.
- Comparative philology : Add brief definition or description
- Descriptive linguistics : The work of analyzing and describing how language is spoken (or how it was spoken in the past) by a group of people in a speech community.
- Evolutionary linguistics : Branch of linguistics that concerns itself with how the human faculty of language evolved; multidisciplinary field involving neurolinguistics, cognitive science, anthropology and others.