Protein structure/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Protein structure, or pages that link to Protein structure or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Protein structure. Needs checking by a human.
- Amino acid : Biochemical with an amino group, a carboxyl group, a hydrogen atom, and a side chain bonded to a central carbon.
- Arginine : A positively charged common amino acid, incorporated into proteins.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Cytoskeleton : The mechanical scaffold, made up of fibrous proteins, determining the shape of a cell.
- Hydrogen bond : A non-covalent and non-ionic chemical bond involving a hydrogen atom and either Fluorine, Nitrogen, or Oxygen.
- Hydrophobic cluster analysis : Method for comparing and aligning protein sequences, by analysing patterns of the two-dimensional (2D) representation of the sequences.
- Isoleucine : One of the twenty common amino acids used by living organisms to build proteins.
- Leucine zipper : Protein structure with repeating leucines every seven amino acids, which form dimeric coiled-helix structures.
- Lysine : A positively charged amino acid used by living systems to build proteins.
- Macromolecular chemistry : The study of the physical, biological and chemical structure, properties, composition, and reaction mechanisms of macromolecules.
- NMR spectroscopy : The use of electromagnetic radiation, in the presence of a magnetic field, to obtain information regarding transitions between different nuclear spin states of the nuclei present in the sample of interest.
- Phenylalanine : An aromatic amino acid incorporated into proteins.
- Prion : Simple proteins that do not contain any nucleic acid, thought to act as an infectious agent responsible for Creutzfeld-Jacob disease, kuru and possibly other degenerative diseases of the brain in humans, scrapie in sheep, and bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE).
- Protein folding : The physical process by which a polypeptide folds into its characteristic and functional three-dimensional structure from random coil.
- Protein : A polymer of amino acids; basic building block of living systems.