Occupational therapy/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Occupational therapy, or pages that link to Occupational therapy or to this page or whose text .
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine : A medical specialty concerned with the use of physical agents, mechanical apparatus, and manipulation in rehabilitating physically diseased or injured patients.
- Art therapy : The medical use of visual or tactile art, used in conjunction with psychotherapy to help express events that may be difficult to articulate, and with rehabilitative medicine to improve coordination and, when approriate, assist a client with artistic training to adapt techniques to physical limitations
- Arthritis : A group of medical conditions where there is damage caused to the joints of the body.
- Asperger syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Ergonomics : Study of the design and arrangement of equipment so that people will interact with the equipment in healthy, comfortable, and efficient manner.
- Health science : The helping professions that use applied science to improve health and to treat disease.
- Hospice and palliative medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Lymphedema : edema due to obstruction of lymph vessels or disorders of the lymph nodes.
- Medical education : Learning process of being a medical practitioner, either the initial training to become a doctor or further training thereafter (including residency).
- Musculoskeletal manipulations : Physical movement of body tissues, muscles and bones, by hands or equipment, to improve health and circulation, relieve fatigue, or promote healing.
- Rheumatoid arthritis : A chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints.
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine
- Sports medicine : Branch of medicine that deals with injuries or illnesses resulting from participation in sports and athletic activities.