From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Arthritis, or pages that link to Arthritis or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Arthritis. Needs checking by a human.
- Anemia : A condition characterized by insufficient circulating and effective hemoglobin in blood to support normal physiology.
- Ankylosing spondylitis : Inflammatory joint disease affecting the spine that occurs predominantly in young males producing pain and stiffness.
- Biotechnology : The application of biological principles in industrial production
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Cortisone : A naturally occurring glucocorticoid steroid hormone which reduces inflammation.
- Dermatology : Field of medicine that specialises in the treatment of skin disorders.
- Diclofenac : A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) with antipyretic and analgesic actions.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- Gold : Chemical element 79, symbol Au, a lustrous corrosion-resistant precious metal used for money, electronics and jewelry.
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Pseudomonas putida : Gram-negative,rod-shaped, saprotrophic soil bacterium which demonstrates a very diverse metabolism, including the ability to degrade organic solvents such as toluene, and is used in bioremediation.
- Psoriatic arthritis : Arthritic joint disease associated with the chronic skin scaling and fingernail changes seen in psoriasis, often affecting the interphalangeal joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis : A chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints.
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine