From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Diclofenac, or pages that link to Diclofenac or to this page or whose text .
- Inflammation : Add brief definition or description
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent : Medication other than corticosteroids having analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory activity due to their ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins.
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Arachidonic acid : Unsaturated fatty acid found in animal fats, that is essential in human nutrition and is a precursor in the biosynthesis of some prostaglandins.
- Arthritis : A group of medical conditions where there is damage caused to the joints of the body.
- Cyclooxygenase : An enzyme that is responsible for the key step in prostaglandin biosynthesis.
- Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs : Add brief definition or description
- Lipoxygenase : Add brief definition or description
- Leukotriene : Add brief definition or description
- Prostacyclin : Add brief definition or description
- Prostaglandin : Add brief definition or description
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine