Molecular mass/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Molecular mass, or pages that link to Molecular mass or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Molecular mass. Needs checking by a human.
- Accidental release source terms : The mathematical equations that estimate the rate at which accidental releases of air pollutants into the atmosphere may occur at industrial facilities.
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Atenolol : A cardioselective adrenergic beta-antagonist medication for hypertension and angina pectoris.
- Atomic mass : The mass of an atom expressed in unified atomic mass units (u) and formerly known as atomic weight.
- Choked flow : A limiting point for the mass flow rate of a gas which occurs under specific conditions when the gas flows through a restriction (such as a valve, a convergent-divergent nozzle, the hole in an orifice plate, or a leak in a gas pipeline or other gas container) into a lower pressure environment.
- Compressibility factor (gases) : A thermodynamic property for modifying the ideal gas law to account for behavior of real gases.
- Density (chemistry) : A measure of the mass per unit volume of a gas, liquid or solid.
- Ethanol : The chemical alcohol (C2H5OH) found in distilled spirits, wine and beer.
- Flue gas emissions from fossil fuel combustion : Discussion and listing of the comparative amounts of flue gas (exhaust gas) generated by the combustion of coal, fuel oil and natural gas.
- Flue gas : The gas that exits to the atmosphere via a flue which may be a pipe, channel or chimney for conveying combustion product gases from a fireplace, oven, furnace, boiler or steam generator.
- Heat of combustion : The energy released as heat when a substance undergoes complete combustion with oxygen.
- Hydrodesulfurization : A catalytic chemical process used in petroleum refining to remove sulfur compounds from intermediate and refined end-products.
- Hydrogen bond : A non-covalent and non-ionic chemical bond involving a hydrogen atom and either Fluorine, Nitrogen, or Oxygen.
- Kilogram : The kilogram is the basic unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI, metric system).
- Molarity : Chemical term for concentrations of solutions, having units of moles/liter.
- Molecule : An aggregate of two or more atoms in a definite arrangement held together by chemical bonds.
- Oxytocin : A mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and which is also released into the brain where it has effects on social behaviors.
- Polymer chemistry : A multidisciplinary science that deals with the chemical synthesis and chemical properties of polymers or macromolecules.
- Polymer : A compound of high molecular weight derived either by the addition of many smaller, similar molecules (monomers), or by the condensation of many smaller, similar molecules eliminating water, alcohol, etc.
- Reference conditions of gas temperature and pressure : The temperature and pressure conditions that define the density of a gas and serve to document a stated gas volume.
- Tetraethyl lead : A liquid with the chemical formula (CH3CH2)4Pb, once widely used (circa 1925 to 1990) to increase the octane rating of gasoline (petrol).
- Unified atomic mass unit : A unit of atomic and molecular mass, the ratio of atomic mass to one twelfth of the mass of carbon 12C at rest in its nuclear and electronic ground state, approximately 1.660 538 921(73) × 10−27 kg .
- Water : A chemical compound with one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H20). It is often in a liquid form and makes up the bulk of the oceans, lakes, rivers and living organisms.