Computer simulation/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Computer simulation, or pages that link to Computer simulation or to this page or whose text .
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Computer program : A set of instructions to be executed by a computer.
- Continuous distillation : An ongoing separation process in which a liquid mixture of two or more miscible components is continuously fed into the process and physically separated into two or more products by preferentially boiling the more volatile (i.e., lower boiling point) components out of the mixture.
- Chemical engineering process simulator : Add brief definition or description
- Deterministic process : Add brief definition or description
- Distributed computing : A strategy for improving the speed of highly parallelizable tasks by distributing pieces of the problem across many computers that together form a distributed computing system, e.g. BOINC, SETI@home.
- Mathematical model : Add brief definition or description
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Process design : The design of industrial chemical engineering processes to produce desired physical and/or chemical transformation of substances.
- Social simulation : Add brief definition or description
- Stellar astronomy : Add brief definition or description
- Stochastic process : Family of random variables, dependent upon a parameter which usually denotes time.
- Systems biology : The study of biological systems as a whole.