From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Meteorology, or pages that link to Meteorology or to this page or whose text .
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Climatology : Add brief definition or description
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Weather Service (U.S.) : Add brief definition or description
- American Meteorological Society : A professional society that promotes the development and dissemination of information and education on the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences and the advancement of their professional applications.
- Atmospheric chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Atmospheric physics : Add brief definition or description
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Czech Hydrometeorological Institute : The Czech governmental institute responsible for the study, research and information of air quality, meteorology and hydrology.
- John Dalton : English pioneer chemist and meteorologist (1766-1844), formulated the first quantitative atomic theory.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research : A non-governmental U.S.-based institute whose mission is "exploring and understanding our atmosphere and its interactions with the Sun, the oceans, the biosphere, and human society."
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research : A private Norwegian research institute that is one of the leading specialized scientific institutes in Europe dealing solely with problems related to air pollution.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- Royal Meteorological Society : The United Kingdom's professional society whose mission is to advance the understanding of weather and climate, the science and its applications, for the benefit of all.
- Special operations weather : Part of the U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command, this is an additional qualification for weather technicians, such that they can operate deep behind enemy lines, plan the weather aspects of military operations, and train others in basic weather skills
- Wind : The movement of air produced by a change in heat on the earth's surface.