User talk:Robert Matusewicz
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Hayford Peirce 16:57, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Cześć Robert welcome aboard CZ. Hayford has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Computer science : The study of how computers work, and the algorithms, data structures and design principles used in their operation and programming.
- GIS : Utility to handle spatial data that incorporates encoding, management, analysis and output.
- Augmented reality : Add brief definition or description
- Mobile device : Add brief definition or description
- Mobile technologies : Add brief definition or description
- Virtual reality : Add brief definition or description
- Cryptography : A field at the intersection of mathematics and computer science that is concerned with the security of information, typically the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of some message.
- Software development : Processes and procedures for developing software that matches the needs and requirements of a user.
- Gdańsk : Add brief definition or description
- Poland : Central European republic (population c. 38.5 million; capital Warsaw) extending from the Baltic Sea in the north to the Tatry Mountains on its southern borders with the Czech Republic and Slovakia; also borders Germany to the west, the Russian Federation and Lithuania to the north-east, and Belorussia and Ukraine to the east.
- Polish language : Add brief definition or description
In order to find articles dealing with similar topics, it's also worth looking at the Related Article subpages of such an article (or the [r]). For an overview of what is different here, see CZ:Introduction to CZ for Wikipedians.
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 20:40, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
If you are interested in cryptography, your joining is well timed; we are just setting up a CZ: Security Subgroup. The cryptography article proper, primarily written by User: Sandy Harris, is about to go into the Approval process, so other eyes reviewing it would be very useful. --Howard C. Berkowitz 21:36, 28 February 2010 (UTC)