User talk:Paola Perin
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Roger Lohmann 01:22, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Paola, welcome aboard CZ. Roger has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Neuroscience: The study of nervous systems and their components.
- Physiology: The study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of tissues and how they interact.
- Sense: Add brief definition or description
- Nervous system: The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Brain: The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Brain development: The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution: The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Central nervous system: The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Sensory system: Add brief definition or description
- Auditory system: A sensory system used by animals for the processing of sound pressure variation.
- Sensory physiology: Study of how sensory stimulus is transduced by sensory receptors and processed by the nervous system.
- Sensory coding: Add brief definition or description
- Synapse: Contact point between neurons and other cells, crucial for nerve signalling
- Synaptic transmission: Add brief definition or description
- Laboratory: Add brief definition or description
- Learning: The process of structuring new knowledge.
- E-learning: All forms of electronically supported learning and teaching.
- Moodle: Add brief definition or description
- Padua: Add brief definition or description
- Martial arts: Add brief definition or description
- Karate: From the Japanese word meaning "empty hand", a form of unarmed combat in which hands and feet are used to deliver and block blows. In competition, all blows must fall short.
- Kobudo: Add brief definition or description
- Taiji: Add brief definition or description
- Pavia: Add brief definition or description
- Italy: Southern European republic (population c. 58.1 million; capital Rome) that has northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, and coastlines on the Tyrrhenian, Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic seas; founding member of the European Union.
- Daughter: A female human offspring in relation to a parent; see relative (biology).
- : Humorous or satirical drawing in journalism.
Finally, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, Daniel Mietchen 15:01, 19 October 2008 (UTC)