User talk:Michael Morales
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Hayford Peirce 02:25, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- Many thanks for the welcome. Michael Morales 02:38, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Michael, welcome aboard CZ. Hayford has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Music perception : The study of the neural mechanisms involved in people perceiving rhythms, melodies, harmonies and other musical features.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- European history : Add brief definition or description
- Eric Whitacre : Add brief definition or description
- Gustav Holst : English composer (1874-1934) born in Cheltenham, known mainly for The Planets Suite, though he regarded Egdon Heath as his best work.
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
- United States : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Mammal : A warm-blooded animal with a backbone which also has hair, and produces milk to feed its young.
- Physiology : The study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of tissues and how they interact.
- Immune system : Add brief definition or description
- Killer T cell : Add brief definition or description
- Macrophage : A type of leukocyte (i.e., white blood cells) that is associated with chronic inflammatory response. It digests foreign cells using the mechanism of phagocytosis, and both circulates in the blood, but later attaches to tissue as a part of local immune response.
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 22:08, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. —Michael Morales 01:52, 12 May 2010 (UTC)