Music perception/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Music perception, or pages that link to Music perception or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Perception : The reception of information by the nervous system.
- Music psychology : The study of how, when, where and why people engage in music and dance.
- Auditory illusion : The distorted perception of sound.
- Pitch perception : The process of interpreting sounds in terms of the fundamental frequencies and overtones contained therein.
- Absolute pitch : The ability to correctly label timbres or chords with the corresponding musical notes, instantly and without an external pitch reference.
- Timbre : That attribute of auditory sensation in terms of which a listener can judge that two sounds similarly presented and having the same loudness and pitch are dissimilar
- Chord (music) : A set of tones perceived separately with separate timbres, for example, as played simultaneously on the same musical instrument.
- Rhythm perception : The process of interpreting sounds in terms of their timing.
- Acoustics : The study of sound.
- Auditory system : A sensory system used by animals for the processing of sound pressure variation.
- Music production : Principles of generating sounds and music.
- Pitch (music) : Perceived frequency of a sound or musical tone.
- Tone (music) : The sound produced by a musical instrument while playing a particular musical note.