Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Serotonin, or pages that link to Serotonin or to this page or whose text contains "Serotonin".
- Neurotransmitter [r]: A class of chemicals which relay, amplify or modulate electrical signals between a neuron and other cells in the nervous system. [e]
- Tryptophan [r]: One of four common aromatic amino acids in proteins. [e]
Diseases of possible serotonin disorder
- Depression [r]: Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Depression (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Fibromyalgia [r]: Inflammation of the fibrous or connective tissue of the body, characterized by acute and debilitating widespread musculoskeletal pain. [e]
- Serotonin syndrome [r]: Potentially fatal drug interaction caused by combining drugs that raise the level of serotonin in the patient's nervous system to dangerously high levels. [e]
- Migraine headache [r]: Vascular type of headache, marked by severe cranial vault pain lasting several hours, resulting from intracranial, extracranial, or psychogenic causes. [e]
Drugs affecting it
- Second-generation antidepressant [r]: Antidepressants characterized primarily by the era of their introduction, rather than by their chemical structure or by their pharmacological effect. [e]
- Tricyclic antidepressant [r]: Adrenergic uptake inhibitors used in the treatment of depression and other diseases; suppress postsynaptic catechol-O-methyl transferase, causing increases in synaptic norepinephrine and serotonin [e]
- Triptan [r]: Add brief definition or description