- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- East Asia : Region comprising China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Taiwan; also defined in cultural terms, with these nations historically or at present sharing writing systems, philosophical modes of thought, and other relationships (population about 1,600,000,000).
- Korean peninsula : East Asian region surrounded on three sides by the Sea of Japan (East Sea), East China Sea, and the Yellow Sea; divided into the states of North and South Korea.
- North Korea : State comprising the northern Korean peninsula; officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea with Pyongyang its capital.
- South Korea : A democratic republic in East Asia, occupying the southern half of the Korean peninsula; established in 1948 after Korea's liberation from Japanese colonial rule.
- Pyongyang : Largest city and capital of North Korea.
- Seoul : Capital city of South Korea, with a population of over 10 million.
- Busan : South Korea's second largest city, situated on the southeastern coast; population about 3,600,000.
- Incheon : Add brief definition or description
- Daegu : Add brief definition or description
- Dokdo : A group of volcanic islets in the Sea of Japan, occupied by South Korea and claimed by Japan. The ecology consists of a moderate maritime climate with a diverse marine life, a large presence of birds, and some vegetation.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- Korean War of 1592-1598 : Fought on the Korean peninsula from 1592 to 1598 between Japan and the Chinese tributary alliance (Korea, China, Ryukyus, Java, etc.), and resulted in Japanese retreat.
- Korea and Japan
- Korean language : Add brief definition or description
- Kimchi : Strongly spiced vegetable pickles that are basic to Korean cooking; flavorings include hot peppers, fermented fish sauce or fresh seafood abd garlic
- 2002 FIFA World Cup : Add brief definition or description
- : The XXIV Summer Olympic Games, held in Seoul (KOR).
- Hanyang University : One of the largest universities in South Korea, located in Seoul, with a satellite campus in Ansan.