South Korea/Related Articles
- See also changes related to South Korea, or pages that link to South Korea or to this page or whose text .
- East Asia : Region comprising China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Taiwan; also defined in cultural terms, with these nations historically or at present sharing writing systems, philosophical modes of thought, and other relationships (population about 1,600,000,000).
- Korea : Historical country and peninsula of northeastern Asia, comprising the states of North Korea and South Korea.
- Koreans : Add brief definition or description
- Dokdo : A group of volcanic islets in the Sea of Japan, occupied by South Korea and claimed by Japan. The ecology consists of a moderate maritime climate with a diverse marine life, a large presence of birds, and some vegetation.
- Seoul : Capital city of South Korea, with a population of over 10 million.
- Busan : South Korea's second largest city, situated on the southeastern coast; population about 3,600,000.
- Incheon : Add brief definition or description
- Daegu : Add brief definition or description
- 2002 FIFA World Cup : Add brief definition or description
- Korean War of 1592-1598 : Fought on the Korean peninsula from 1592 to 1598 between Japan and the Chinese tributary alliance (Korea, China, Ryukyus, Java, etc.), and resulted in Japanese retreat.
- Yi Sunshin : A Korean admiral renowned for his naval victories against the Japanese invaders during the Korean War of 1592-1598.
- North Korea : State comprising the northern Korean peninsula; officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea with Pyongyang its capital.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.