(Redirected from Chinese)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chinese refers to anything or anyone originating in China:
- China: The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- People's Republic of China: Add brief definition or description
- Republic of China: The political state in China from 1912 to 1949, and which since then has administered Taiwan and its territories only.
- Chinese language: Collective term for varieties of the Sino-Tibetan language family spoken in China; linguistically several different languages, but in broad cultural terms often seen as a single form.
- Mandarin language: (traditional Chinese 官話, simplified 官话; pinyin Guānhuà) Sino-Tibetan language, the standard form of which constitutes 'Standard Chinese'; world's largest language by speakers, with approximately 900,000,000 users.
- Cantonese language: Add brief definition or description
- Chinese characters: (simplified Chinese 汉字; traditional Chinese: 漢字) are symbols used to write varieties of Chinese and - in modified form - other languages; world's oldest writing system in continuous use.