Joan of Arc/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Joan of Arc, or pages that link to Joan of Arc or to this page or whose text .
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Hundred Years War : Lengthy, intermittent warfare between English and French forces over feudal territorial rights and succession to the French crown.
- Heresy : A deviation from a religious orthodoxy.
- Inquisition : Add brief definition or description
- Roman Catholic Church : The largest of several Christian churches that holds communion with the Pope in Rome, claiming direct succession from Saint Peter.
- Saint : Person honoured or officially recognised within a religion due to their holiness.
- Mark Twain : (1835-1910) Pen name of Samuel Clemens, a leading American novelist and humorist of the late 19th century.
- George Bernard Shaw : (1856 - 1950) Irish playwright, writer, socialist propagandist, and art, music and drama critic who won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1925.
- Battle of Agincourt : Add brief definition or description
- : (1370 - 1415) Bohemian religious reformer who was excommunicated by the Roman Catholic Church and burned at the stake as a heretic.
- : The act of dressing in clothing which the society in which one lives considers to be appropriate only for a member of the opposite gender.
- Amazons : In Greek mythology, members of a legendary nation of female warriors.
- Charles VII of France : Add brief definition or description
- Knight : Term used in the Middle Ages for a warrior of noble ancestry.
- Torture : The infliction of mental or physical pain, for punishment or as an interrogation technique.