Ho Chi Minh/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Ho Chi Minh, or pages that link to Ho Chi Minh or to this page or whose text .
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Democratic Republic of Vietnam : Communist state in Vietnam; formally the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. Proclaimed 1945, recognized 1954, and with South Vietnam transformed into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in 1976
- French Indochina : French colonial structure in Southeast Asia that contained Cambodia, Laos, and present-day Vietnam, from the first invasion in 1858 to the Geneva accords in 1954
- Communism : A political ideology, and also a system of government, according to which the means of production (including all large business concerns) should be controlled by the government.
- dau trinh : Add brief definition or description
- Headquarters cave during the Second World War : A province of Vietnam, on the border with China, containing Ho Chi Minh's 1941 headquarters
- Viet Minh : A short name for the Communist-dominated national revolutionary movement that overthrew the colonial government of French Indochina
- Vo Nguyen Giap : The most prominent general of the Viet Minh, the People's Army of Viet Nam, and eventually Defense Minister and Politburo member of North Vietnam
- Truong Chinh : North Vietnamese Politburo member and political theorist, especially advocating agrarian land reform, class struggle, and the "political dau trinh" form of strategy rather than the more military form of Vo Nguyen Giap. Both were eclipsed in power by Le Duan.